Tuesday, December 6, 2011

What's on your iPod?

This is a common question for celebrities these days: What’s on your iPod?

Described in the book Steve Jobs, Jobs handed his iPod to Walter Isaacson, biographer, who found among other things the complete catalog of Bob Dylan’s works through 1989 including several bootleg albums.

My iPod has five playlists: Jazz, Country, Singers (Sinatra, Mathis, Bennett, etc.), Beatles, and Not The Beatles. Each, other than the Beatles playlist, features a variety of artists, but I’m pretty heavy on Stevie Ray Vaughan, Rolling Stones, CCR, ZZ Top and U2.

My office computer, on the other hand, has one music CD that was compiled by my youngest daughter, Gayle, and given to me on Father’s Day. I play it often because she spent a great deal of time selecting the pieces just for me.

Hero – Mariah Carey
Because You Love Me – Celine Dion
Daddy – Beyonce
I’ll Always Be Your Baby – Natalie Grant
I Need You – LeAnn Rimes
Wind Beneath My Wings – Bette Midler

If a photo is worth a thousand words, these songs are worth a million.

3 comments:

  1. Randy, you are one hip fellow! Would have never guessed ZZ Top for you (maybe that's a guy thing?)...but I am thumbs up on the U2...what a lovely daughter you have. Your whole family is quite an inspiration. Go Hunt Family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have an ipod, but if I did I would have Lady GaGa only. She is my hero (heroine?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I received an email yesterday from someone I won't identify, other than the fact that he goes by the name of Frank Pannorfi, suggesting that I ask for people's input on their all-time favorite rock band. He listed two: 1) Queen, and 2) Chicago.

    Those choices, of course, are way off base but not unexpected from a guy who thinks an iPod is a brand of golf shirt.

    The correct answers are: 1) Beatles, and 2) U2.

    ReplyDelete

I monitor all comments. As long as there are no personally defamatory statements and/or foul language, I'll post your comment. For this reason, your comment will not appear instantaneously. To comment without registering, choose Name/URL and type a screen name (or your real name if you like) into the Name field. Leave the URL field blank.