Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Driving for Charity: May 2011 – Alzheimer’s Services of Cape Cod & the Islands

I made a campaign promise, at the urging of Matt Pitta, WXTK Radio news director, to pass through my state representative travel per diem to a local charity each month. Unlike most of us who do not get paid to commute, legislators receive payments based on the distance they drive to the Statehouse. My per diem is $45. Click here to see “Who gets paid to drive to work?”

May’s per diem payment of $405 represents nine trips to the Statehouse and I am honored to donate that amount to Alzheimer’s Services of Cape Cod & the Islands, a 100% locally funded and operated 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization dedicated to providing supportive and capacity-building services to individuals in our region who are affected by Alzheimer’s disease or a related dementia and the families and professionals who care for them.

Alzheimer’s is a disease affecting my mom, which I have written about in my blog:

http://randyhuntcpa.blogspot.com/2008/10/road-trip-to-texas-day-7_25.html

http://randyhuntcpa.blogspot.com/2011/05/grieving-and-alzheimers-disease.html

I appeal to anyone who has been directly or peripherally affected by this disease to make a contribution to this deserving support organization.

For more information and to donate: http://www.alzcapecod.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I monitor all comments. As long as there are no personally defamatory statements and/or foul language, I'll post your comment. For this reason, your comment will not appear instantaneously. To comment without registering, choose Name/URL and type a screen name (or your real name if you like) into the Name field. Leave the URL field blank.