Thursday, March 3, 2011

John Kennan, Sandwich selectman candidate

I am seeking re-election to the Board of Selectmen on May 5, 2011. As your selectman I have worked hard for our community encouraging more communication between the Board of Selectmen, School Committee, and Finance Committee. I understand the unique needs of our community and will continue to work tirelessly with and for you to promote a financially healthy community that can support families, seniors and businesses.

Many of you know that for years I have advocated for economic development in Sandwich. While I understand that economic development is no panacea, I do believe it is our most important step on the pathway to a 21st Century Sandwich. As your current Selectman and President of the Sandwich Economic Initiative Corporation, I am dedicated to the proposition that with proper planning and economic development, we will broaden our tax base and enjoy job creation. I also believe that with proper planning, support and a commitment by the community, we will enjoy the benefits of access to the arts and culture, public space, recreation, social interaction, authenticity and a distinctiveness that will be the envy of our surrounding communities.

I believe in our community. I believe in collaboration and a continuum of dedicated leadership and will continue to serve you well in an open and honest way as I do now.

I can be reached either by telephone or e-mail to discuss your concerns and as always I am available to meet with you in person.

I look forward to hearing from you.

John Kennan
Tel. 508-833-1857
E-mail: jgkesquire@comcast.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

I monitor all comments. As long as there are no personally defamatory statements and/or foul language, I'll post your comment. For this reason, your comment will not appear instantaneously. To comment without registering, choose Name/URL and type a screen name (or your real name if you like) into the Name field. Leave the URL field blank.