Wednesday, June 2, 2010

TV role for a CPA?

I know this is going to shock you, but being a CPA isn’t always as exciting as you might think. Today is one of those days.

I’m an hour into a five-hour class called Accounting for Income Taxes, Including SFAS 109 & FIN 48. Here is a 45-second example of what I’m ingesting:

Click here for audio

I picked that clip because it’s one of the simpler-to-understand parts of this course.

I once pitched a TV series to CBS that would follow the life of a forensic certified public accountant (yes, that is a real job—there’s even a professional certificate for forensic accountants). I wanted to call it Magnum CPA.

Apparently, the program committee’s view of what would make good television doesn’t line up with mine. I say “apparently” because I never actually got a letter back from them, so I still hold out hope that I’ll get a thumbs up one day.

Copyright 2010 Randy Hunt

1 comment:

  1. Haha!! Maybe if you send in a head shot as a follow up to your letter with a mustache like Tom Selleck they would be more responsive.

    ReplyDelete

I monitor all comments. As long as there are no personally defamatory statements and/or foul language, I'll post your comment. For this reason, your comment will not appear instantaneously. To comment without registering, choose Name/URL and type a screen name (or your real name if you like) into the Name field. Leave the URL field blank.