Thursday, May 27, 2010

Sandwich High School 2010 Environmental Technology Expo

I had the pleasure yesterday to attend my third Environmental Technology Exposition at Sandwich High School, home of the Blue Knights. When you see an impressive group of young people present their ideas, hypotheses and results, it gives you a good feeling knowing how well prepared they are for higher education and becoming a productive next generation.

Congratulations to all of the students and teachers who participated in this year's Expo and a special thank you to Mr. Gil Newton, who inspires young people every year to get out of the classroom and learn about the world by experiencing it.

I wasn’t able to cover every group in the two hours I was there, but what follows illustrates why I have such a positive feeling about these kids and their accomplishments.

American Holly of Murkwood






Biodiversity of Spectacle Pond








Birds of Brady's Island

Forgive me, but my photo of the Brady's Birds Students is missing.

Send me a pic of yourselves and I'll post it.









Blue Knights Recycle






Donut Pond






Erosion of Town Neck Beach







Eyes In The Night







Garden Center






Holly Ridge Pond






Invasive Moths of Cape Cod

Forgive me, but my photo of the Moth Students is missing.
Send me a pic of yourselves and I'll post it.









Lethargic Largemouth Bass





Lichenometry in Cemeteries








Loop Trail at Green Briar











Mighty Phragmites








Periwinkles








Plover Protectors









Progression of Succession





Ryder Conservation Management Plan









Scorton Creek Survey







Triangle Pond Versus Weeks Pond





Types of Renewable Energy








White-Tailed Deer



1 comment:

  1. These students did some excellent work. Thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete

I monitor all comments. As long as there are no personally defamatory statements and/or foul language, I'll post your comment. For this reason, your comment will not appear instantaneously. To comment without registering, choose Name/URL and type a screen name (or your real name if you like) into the Name field. Leave the URL field blank.