Monday, November 23, 2009

2009 trip to Texas: Day 5

What to do with a two-year-old and a one-and-a-half-year-old?

We pushed a twin stroller from Sarah’s house over to Home Depot to look at tile and paint for my daughter Gayle’s house. Fun for the adults, not so much for the kids.

After a quick stop at Michael’s, we headed for a sure thing: Chuck E. Cheese’s. It’s the perfect place for antsy toddlers and doting grandparents.

I’m pretty sure that “Chuck” is a rat, though it’s lost on me why a restaurant chain would pick a rodent for a mascot. Seems dumb…

I have to say that it’s quite different to be able to stroll over to all of these places on sidewalks with curb cuts. Our off Cape trips to Lowe’s and JC Penney are planned days in advance, especially since the Sagamore Bridge has been tied up with construction. By the way, I heard that it’s open again until next spring. That’s a relief.

Tomorrow we head down to my brother’s ranch.

Copyright 2009 Randy Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment

I monitor all comments. As long as there are no personally defamatory statements and/or foul language, I'll post your comment. For this reason, your comment will not appear instantaneously. To comment without registering, choose Name/URL and type a screen name (or your real name if you like) into the Name field. Leave the URL field blank.