Sunday, November 22, 2009

2009 trip to Texas: Day 4

Last night, Sarah made chicken enchiladas and they were great. With sides of Mexican rice and refried beans, it was a perfect “welcome to Texas” dinner.

But with refried beans comes a well known side-effect. It was time to teach little Timothy the “pull my finger” game. Dan, Jeff and Sarah’s husband Mark take no prisoners when doing guy things.

Mark offered his index finger to two-year-old Timothy, instructing him to “pull my finger.” The result was predictable and everyone laughed, though Timothy’s was more of an I’m-not-sure-why-I’m-laughing laugh.

Then Jeff told Timothy to “pull my finger.” Timothy complied, followed by the same outcome. Everyone laughed again. This time Timothy was laughing because he’d figured it out.

Looking to step it up a notch, actually a lot more than just a notch, Timothy directed Uncle Jeff to “pull my hand.”

Well, when you’re the only participant who’s wearing a diaper, I suppose anything’s fair game.

They’re all still laughing today about Timothy’s invention of Extreme Pull My Finger Game.

Tonight, Gayle joined us. She flew in from El Paso with our second youngest grandchild, Troy. Troy is one of our son Chris’ three kids and we’ll meet Chris, his wife Celina, and their other two kids down at my brother’s ranch next week for Thanksgiving.

My last thought for today came to me while I watched Sarah parading around with Charlotte in her arms to keep her happy while she* (Charlotte) worked on passing some gas.

I wonder if Sarah has tried pulling Charlotte’s finger…

Sarah & Charlotte


Timothy


Jeff & Gayle


Mark & Dan


Troy


* To Sarah: Sorry, I felt compelled to clarify who "she" was.

Copyright 2009 Randy Hunt

1 comment:

  1. Mary and Randy: Thanks for sharing the stories and pictures of your family. How big everyone has gotten! Enjoy T-day and travel safely.

    M+P

    ReplyDelete

I monitor all comments. As long as there are no personally defamatory statements and/or foul language, I'll post your comment. For this reason, your comment will not appear instantaneously. To comment without registering, choose Name/URL and type a screen name (or your real name if you like) into the Name field. Leave the URL field blank.