Saturday, October 17, 2009

To my best friend: Happy Anniversary!

I know plenty of people who have been married for many years and who, by all accepted criteria, have successful marriages. They enjoy longevity in their relationship, kids and grandkids, financial security, and the love of each other.

On the other hand, I don't know many people who can honestly say that their relationship is based on friendship. It's different from companionship. It's different from love. You can love someone and be their companion without being a true friend.

Being a true friend is the feeling that you can never be together too much; that you can share absolutely everything with confidence; that you can't wait to see each other to continue your conversation; that you're inspired simply by being in the presence of the other person.

I am very fortunate to be married to my best friend.

I love you, darling. Happy Anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I monitor all comments. As long as there are no personally defamatory statements and/or foul language, I'll post your comment. For this reason, your comment will not appear instantaneously. To comment without registering, choose Name/URL and type a screen name (or your real name if you like) into the Name field. Leave the URL field blank.