Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Swetter lapping

When we were kids, we’d play a game, especially at the beginning of the school year when there were a lot of new faces in the classroom. It involved swapping the first letters of first and last names.

My childhood best friend, Larry Currey, would don the new name Carry Lurrey. Betty Loy became Letty Boy. Of course, my buddy Larry Lang didn’t add much to the game.

But no matter how many new kids there were, I was always king of the letter swapping game; a title I carry proudly to this day.

If you have any interesting swaps, leave them in the comments section.

Copyright 2009 Randy Hunt

4 comments:

  1. Good Morning Handy Runt, with a smile upon my face. About the only thing we ever swapped out was our food and clothes.

    Now if we could only get some to swapp out the false for the truth we would be more inclined to regain a little faith in our political officials,whom we have intrusted a great responsabilty to fill. Another smiley, please, for the folks at home.

    Ca Johansen

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't until I gave this game a little more thought how unusual a letter swap resulting in a clever name is. The best ones I could find among a top 100 celebrity list were:

    Pad Brit

    Snesley Wipes

    Wenzel Dashington

    Whorest Fitaker

    Spitney Brears

    Nack Jicholson, and (drum roll, please)...

    Shartin Meen (if you don't know what a shart is, ask my kids)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about 2 pickets to tittsburgh?

    ReplyDelete

I monitor all comments. As long as there are no personally defamatory statements and/or foul language, I'll post your comment. For this reason, your comment will not appear instantaneously. To comment without registering, choose Name/URL and type a screen name (or your real name if you like) into the Name field. Leave the URL field blank.