Thursday, October 16, 2008

Road trip to Texas: The Night Before

If you've been following this blog for awhile, you've seen stories about my wife (Mary), my kids, and my brother (Alan). So I thought it would be interesting to post a daily entry for the next two weeks, during which Mary and I will be heading south on a road trip to Texas to see our kids, my mom, and my two brothers.

Some of the more interesting aspects of this trip might be:
  1. We're driving a car with 177,000 miles on it. We turned in our 2005 Nissan Murano at the end of its lease on October 1st and are following the advice we've been dishing out to our clients: Hold on to your cash and lower or get rid of any credit accounts you have. So now we're a one-car household and, to make things more interesting, I've added a poll on the home page of this blog so you can weigh in on whether we will be delayed by one or more days because of car trouble. (The car is a 1997 BMW 528i.)
  2. On our last road trip to Texas, I got a little too cute with the video camera; something having to do with Mary in the shower at a Holiday Inn Express. Hopefully, I'll stay out of the doghouse this time.



    When we get to my brother Alan's ranch outside of San Antonio, the order of the day will be to videotape a feral hog hunt. There are literally millions of these pigs roaming through Texas, tearing up ranchers' fields and endangering livestock. See more about this at: http://randyhuntcpa.blogspot.com/2008/10/brother-where-arent-thou.html. My brother also has a friend who has a pet pig that weighs around 700 pounds and fetches beers from the fridge (or something like that). What a hoot.

I hope you find these posts interesting and entertaining. Gotta pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I monitor all comments. As long as there are no personally defamatory statements and/or foul language, I'll post your comment. For this reason, your comment will not appear instantaneously. To comment without registering, choose Name/URL and type a screen name (or your real name if you like) into the Name field. Leave the URL field blank.