Monday, October 20, 2008

Road trip to Texas: Day 4

We had a nice, leisurely day; no timetable; no driving. Temperatures ranged from a low in the high 50s to a high in the mid-80s. The day's highlights were:
  • Having lunch at a restaurant overlooking Lake Ray Hubbard. It's a 22,000 acre lake on the East Fork of the Trinity River. There were plenty of people out on the lake, mostly sailing and fishing. On the western shore sits a Bass Pro Shop. If you want to give your future rod & reel, or kayak, or boat a tryout, you can take it out the back door and down to the lake for a spin.

  • Mark, Sarah and I later went to test our skills at the batting cages. I love batting cages. In fact, I cannot remember a time when baseball wasn't a part of my life. I'm told by my brother of a particularly good hit I made when I was 4 or 5. The fly ball went directly for the neighbor's car, Alan watching it zero in on the windshield but, fortunately, it went through the open driver's side window and landed in the back seat. Stroke of luck.

  • Our son, Bryan, who is selling pneumatic devices for Sun Source in Ft. Worth, came by for dinner. We'll be spending the day with him tomorrow in Ft. Worth and I'll post some pictures of the stockyards and other sites around Tarrant County.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I monitor all comments. As long as there are no personally defamatory statements and/or foul language, I'll post your comment. For this reason, your comment will not appear instantaneously. To comment without registering, choose Name/URL and type a screen name (or your real name if you like) into the Name field. Leave the URL field blank.