Monday, October 20, 2008

Road trip to Texas: Day 3

After a few more McCafe lattes and another tank of gas, we made it to Rockwall mid-afternoon today. Rockwall is about 25 miles due east of Dallas, which is our oldest daughter's daily commute to her office at Ernst & Young. She passed the CPA exam recently, by the way, and will soon receive her license. I'm very proud of her and she's a Red Sox fan to boot.

Speaking of the Sox, I wasn't surprised at tonight's result. Certainly the Rays have been dominant since the All-Star break, and Varitek's hapless strike out in the 9th seemed to sum up his season, but I was pumped that we didn't go down seven nothing in Game 5. It was thrilling.

Our son, Dan, is recovering from a broken right arm, the result of an attempted escape from an "arm bar" in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu gone wrong. In case you're unfamiliar, this is a martial art that focuses on ground fighting. (Dan is the one in the blue pants.)



Grandson Timothy looks a lot like the kid on the E*Trade commercials.



Here are a couple of pics from this summer (I'll get some updated ones tomorrow):

3 comments:

  1. Randy and Mary, I enjoyed reading the 3 day posting of your trip to Texas. Your grandson is a cutey, love the photos.
    Hope Dan is feeling better from his arm injury.
    Question; given the "hog" Hunt,excuse the play on your name, are you planning to bring back pork for Mary's famous BarBQ? Frank

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a politican (like you, Frank), I never pass up an opportunity to bring pork back to my district. So, yes, count on Mary working her magic on one of these feral hogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Randy, I can't wait. Hope I am invited to partake. Frank

    ReplyDelete

I monitor all comments. As long as there are no personally defamatory statements and/or foul language, I'll post your comment. For this reason, your comment will not appear instantaneously. To comment without registering, choose Name/URL and type a screen name (or your real name if you like) into the Name field. Leave the URL field blank.