Sunday, October 19, 2008

Blackberry animal cruelty?

Am I the only one who has noticed that the dog in the new Blackberry TV commercial is injured? He goes up to catch the Frisbee and is clearly favoring his right hind leg when he comes down. He then walks gingerly, keeping his weight off of the injured foot.

I found the ad on YouTube, but this may not be available for long:



Perhaps the editor of the ad could have used a little more discretion than to have cut a commercial evidencing apparent cruelty to an animal.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know dogs all that well, but she looked ok to me.

    I don't think it's cruel to throw a dog a Frisbee, in any case. A shame if the dog gets hurt catching it, absolutely. Poor choice of video if that happened, no question. But cruelty, which implies deliberateness? I dunno.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Randy the dog does show it favoring the hind leg. This exercise of throwing a frisby and having a dog catch it, can injure your dog, especially if it goes into the air like it shows on the commercial.

    C Johansen

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kid is limping too.

    ReplyDelete

I monitor all comments. As long as there are no personally defamatory statements and/or foul language, I'll post your comment. For this reason, your comment will not appear instantaneously. To comment without registering, choose Name/URL and type a screen name (or your real name if you like) into the Name field. Leave the URL field blank.